"it happens" - forest Gump

"it happens" - forest Gump

Saturday 18 August 2012

Saturday's scribbling

Me in the south of France  a few years ago (St. Raphael)



A Dutch Seaside photo taken by me last year! Compare the two photos (above and this one) they are both from the month of June in their respective years of being taken. No prizes for anyone who spots the sunnier seaside!
All you need is sunshine and you smile!?!

Hi all from a cool but Sunny Cape Town.

My nephews, Maxi and Simeon phoned me this morning.  They are looking forward to seeing me.  I am looking forward to seeing them too, but not to the 11 and a half hour flight on a Boeing 777 to get to Amsterdam.  There is that amazing new aircraft type being tested at the moment....apparently a flight from JNB (Johannesburg) to LHR (London Heathrow) will take a mere 5 hours!   Meaning Cape Town to Amsterdam could be about the same flying time!  (just add about 1300km to the JNB-LHR flying distance) and you have CPT- AMS.  ??? would never spend money on a new super fast aircraft type, would they?  I suppose not, when you can fly the bjesus out of your old 777, 747 and MD11 fleet of aircraft?!?  And South African Airways have stopped flying any long haul flights from Cape Town.  So I guess we need a new airline on the CPT- Europe route?   If you want something doing, do it yourself is the saying, but I need a load more Money!

The TV show, Click, on the BBC News channel, that I watch most Saturday mornings, was all about tech gadgets to help older people live more independent lives for longer thanks to modern tech gadgets!  I think that is brilliant.

Anyway that's all from me for today's blogs.
Have an amazing day further folks!

Ciao
DAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

rejoice