"it happens" - forest Gump

"it happens" - forest Gump

Sunday 2 September 2012

Sunday Scrible




Hi all!

How is your 2nd Day of September 2012?

It is a lovely sunny day here today!

I was asked if I would do the collection at church today, unfortunately I forgot to count the number of people who gave money this morning though!  A weird new rule for people doing the collection at church.  I will need one of those clicker things cabin attendants use when doing a passenger count?!?    How can you count people who put money in your collection bag?  Almost impossible?

Only one more Sunday left after this one and I will be preparing for Europe.  

Here are some more interesting Quotes below. use them don't use them?!?

1. "Many of us spend half our time wishing for things we could have if we didn’t spend half our time wishing." ~Alexander Woollcott
2. "In this world there are only two tragedies; one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." ~Oscar Wilde
3. "If a man could have half his wishes he would double his troubles." ~Benjamin Franklin
4. "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it, if you can dream it, you can become it." ~William Arthur Ward
5. "It’s when you’re safe at home that you wish you were having an adventure. When you’re having an adventure you wish you were safe at home." ~Thornton Wilder
6. "Life is what’s happening while you’re busy making other plans." ~John Lennon Son, "Beautiful Boy"
7. "Things aren’t always what they seem." ~The cheshire cat from "Alice in Wonderland"
8. "It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down, what matters is how many times you get up." ~Cecily Tyson
9. "You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever." ~Anonymous
10. "If you give some people an inch they’ll think they’re a ruler." ~Anonymous
11. "What seeks truth? Our heart or our mind?" ~Movie, "A time to kill"
12. "A dream is a way of escaping reality." ~me
13. "Dreams are gateways into the past, fantasies of the present, and links to the future." ~me
14. "I want to be the girl with the most cake, I love him so much it just turns to hate, I fake it so real am beyond fake, and someday you will ache like I ache." ~Hole
15. "Dear Mr. Vernon, We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you’re crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us how you want to see us. In the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, and athlete, a basketcase, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club." ~From the movie "The Breakfast Club"
16. "Take me for what I am, who I was meant to be, and if you give a damn, take me baby or leave me." ~Maureen from "Rent"
17. "Keep a song in your heart." ~Laurence Welk show ending
18. "Put on a happy face." ~Song from musical "Bye Bye Birdie"
19. "Makem’ laugh." ~Song from musical "Singing in the rain"
20. "There’s someone for everyone." ~Anonymous
21. "Now I’m reading romance novels and dreaming of yesterday. I’d like to see the Riviera and slowdance underneath the stars. I’d like to watch the sun come up in a stranger’s arms. I’m going crazy, a little everyday, and everything I wanted is now driving me away. I woke this morning to the sound of breaking hearts, mine is full of questions and it’s tearing you apart." ~Sheryl Crow-Lyrics from the song "Home"
22. "Nothing is ever lost, it just comes back in a different way." ~T.v. show, "Are you afraid of the dark?"
23. "If practice makes perfect but nobody is perfect, why practice?" ~Anonymous
24. "A timid person is frightened before a danger; a coward during the time; and a courageous person afterward." ~Jean Paul Richter
25. "All by myself, don’t wanna be...all by myself...anymore." ~Song "All by Myself" by Celine Dion
26. "Every moment of your life is infinitely creative and the universe is bountiful. Just put forth a clear enough request, and everything your heart desires must come to you." ~Shakti Gawain
27. "You are not alone. I am here with you. Though we’re far away, I am here to stay. You are not alone." ~Song "You are not alone" by Michael Jackson
28. "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." ~Richard Bach- "Illusions"
29. "The love we give away is the only love we keep." ~Elbert Hubbard
30. "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die." ~Babe Ruth-"The Sandlot"
31. "No work=all play." ~Anonymous
32. "There’s so much bad in the best of us and so much good in the worst of us that it doesn’t behoove any of us to talk about the rest of us." ~Anonymous
33. "Learning that love tastes bitter when it’s gone." ~Anonymous
34. "Unacceptance, uniformity, popularity, naiveness and a fear of being different. I seek shelter in my solitude." ~Anonymous
35. "Don’t do anything that you would want to read about in the crime section in the paper." ~Mark A. Luczak
36. "Even a diamond has flaws." ~Brett Bozarth
37. "I’m a cynic that’s a dreamer, a realist that looks for miracles, and an idiot who claims brilliance." ~Brett Bozarth
38. "Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I can bear it." ~Whitman
39. "God help you if you are an ugly girl, course too pretty is also your doom, cause’ everyone harbors a secret hatred for the prettiest girl in the room. And God help you if you are a phoenix, and you dare to rise up from the ash, a thousand eyes will shoulder you with jealousy, while you are just flying past." ~Ani DiFranco Song, "32 flavors"
40. "Life is a gift from God. What you do with it is your gift to God." ~Anonymous
41. "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer." ~Anonymous
42. "In every life there comes a time when that dream you dream becomes that thing you do." ~From the movie "That thing you do"
43. "Be nice to your kids. They’ll choose your nursing home." ~Anonymous
44. "I used up all my sick days so I’m calling off dead." ~Anonymous
45. "Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?" ~Anonymous
46. "College is fountain of knowledge...and the students are there to drink." ~Anonymous
47. "Tomorrow...you're only a day away." ~Song "Tomorrow" from the musical "Annie"
48. On dating..."When aiming for the common denominator, be prepared for the occasional division by zero." ~Anonymous
49. "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a moron." ~Anonymous
50. "You have to stay in shape. My grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she was 60. She’s 97 today and we don’t know where the heck she is! " ~Anonymous
51. "Good students don’t "cheat"-they verify." ~Anonymous
52. "I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died." ~Steven Wright
53. "Right now I’m having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before." ~Steven Wright
54. "Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get out." ~Anonymous
55. "If the pen is mightier than the sword in a duel I’ll let you have the pen." ~Steven Wright
56. "Why is it, "a penny for your thoughts", but, "you have to put your two cents in?" Somebody’s making a penny." ~Steven Wright
57. "I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day because that means it’s going to be up all night." ~Steven Wright
58. "I own the erasers for all the miniature golf pencils." ~Steven Wright
59. "In the roadrunner cartoon the coyote has been chasing him for like 25 years. I’d like to see him finally get right up to him and go ‘Sorry I thought you were someone else.’" ~Steven Wright
60. "Where everything seems possible and nothing is what it seems." ~From the movie "Labyrinth"
61. "So close but yet so very far away." ~Anonymous
62. "Easier said than done." ~Anonymous
63. "This too shall pass..." ~Anonymous
64. "I’d rather be weird than normal." ~Laura
65. "Just when you stop looking is when you meet the person of your dreams." ~Anonymous
66. "Now what? Now...we tango!" ~Laura
67. "I’m dying inside, and nobody knows it but me." ~Tony Rich Project-Song "Nobody knows it but me"
68. "I’m crying inside, and nobody knows it but me." ~Tony Rich Project-Song "Nobody knows it but me"
69. "Everybody plays the fool." ~Son

Have a wonderful Sunday further folks!

Signing off

Ciao
DAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

rejoice